Welcome to the referee division of L'Île-Bizard
Interested in joining our team of referees?
- Are you looking for a motivating summer job, while staying connected with your favorite sport?
- You will receive referee training and will be paid for the matches you referee.
- We are looking for dynamic young people to complete our great team. Start a career in a sustainable, cooperative, collaborative environment.
Come and meet us during soccer registrations!
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me:
Our Team of Île-Bizard Mentors
- Olivier Portelance
- Justine Labelle
- André Faragalla
- Abhishek Mukesh
- Benjamin Portelance
Prerequisites to become a referee
- Minimum age: 13 years old
- Be autonomous and regularly check your emails and phone
- Pass the district referee course (Entry-level after your registration)
- Have a passion for soccer
Becoming a referee in 5 steps:
- 1- Communicate with the refereeing sector: email@example.com
- 2- Affiliate as a referee with the Île Bizard soccer association.
- 3- Register for online referee training: https://forms.gle/wpbcjjzgXC3twc4e9 (free).
- 4- Complete the online training and pass the online exam.
- 5- Participate in the field session* ( $40)
*This season, due to the situation caused by COVID-19, training to become a referee will be done online. After completing the online training, the district referee course will end with a practical session on the field. This practical session, for $40.00, will be held under government instructions and directives, when possible.
Qualities of referees
Team spirit: A referee works as a team to make the best decision. Communication and team spirit are the two aspects that allow the referee team to keep control of the game.
Organized: A referee to be organized because he is the individual who controls the flow of the game.
Punctual: A referee to always arrive before the start of the game to carry out his checks.
Responsible: The referee has the role of ensuring the safety of the players, coaches and spectators. It is therefore essential to be responsible.
Persevering: Refereeing is a job where there is a lot of questioning about one’s abilities. Indeed, several high-level referees doubted their skills, but their perseverance allowed them to rise through the ranks.
Good Control of Stress and Emotions: A referee is subject to emotional situations, however, a good referee controls his level of stress and emotion during games.
Ability to communicate: As a referee, it is important to have good communication with players and coaches.
If you have several of his qualities and more, embark on the great adventure of refereeing with the L’Île-Bizard referee team.
- Red and yellow cards
- Trash bag
Useful links and Resources
Olivier Portelance, Head referee of L’Île-Bizard: firstname.lastname@example.org
Referee portal and resources Lac Saint-Louis : https://arbitragelsl.ca/referee-resources
Questionnaire Law 6 – Other referees: https://forms.gle/tzHVDpgPmZXNA5No7
Questionnaire Law 14 – Penalty: https://forms.gle/2eTEFKr8sXb2G4MR7
Do you have questions or comments about referees in L’Île-Bizard?
Contact us through https://forms.gle/gdf87f4Bp9rdpY5x9
Do you want to postpone an event during a game?